- Overall Road Network (2005 to 2015)
This map shows the road projects built as part of the "Transport21" road building programme, which was to be completed by 2015.
In 2010, the economic crisis put a halt to large scale road building in the State, and the plan is no longer officially being followed.
It is likely that it will be 2030 at least before everything in that plan is completed.
The scheme list view
details all projects.
This map generally covers completions from 2005 to the end of 2015.
See the latest
map for schemes completed after 2015.
- Key to map
- Blue : Motorways
- Red : HQDCs - High Quality Dual Carriageways
- Dark Green : Standard dual carriageways or 2+2s (DC without stopping lanes)
- Light Green : Major single carriageway roads
- Red star : Under construction