- Overall Road Network (after 2015)
In 2015, a government capital spending programme was unveiled, the first large-scale road investment plan since the onset of the 2008 financial crisis.
It picks up where previous road investment plans left off.
There is no specific completion date, and so far the order in which schemes will be progressed seems fairly random.
The scheme list view
details all projects.
This map shows roads that were completed after 2015.
See the previous
map for schemes completed between 2005 and 2015.
- Key to map
- Blue : Motorways
- Red : HQDCs - High Quality Dual Carriageways
- Dark Green : Standard dual carriageways or 2+2s (DC without stopping lanes)
- Light Green : Major single carriageway roads
- Red star : Under construction